How To: Set up Exchange ActiveSnc on a Windows Phone
How To: Set up Exchange ActiveSync on Windows Phone
1. On Start, swipe left to the App list, select Settings, and then select email + accounts.
2. Select add an account > Outlook.
3. Enter your email address and password, and then select Sign in. Windows Phone will try to set up your email account automatically. If setup completes successfully, skip to step 8.
4. If you see the message “Check your information and try again. You may have mistyped your password, verify that you entered the correct email address and password.
At this stage, you don’t need to specify any values for User name and Domain. Select Sign in. If setup completes successfully, skip to step 8.
5. If your email account can’t be set up automatically, you’ll see the message; “We couldn’t find your settings”. Select Advanced. You’ll need to enter the following information:
E-mail address: This is your full email access, for example firstname.lastname@example.org.
Password: This is the password for your email account.
User name: This is your full email address, for example email@example.com.
Domain: This is the part of your email address after the @ sign, for example contoso.com.
Server: This is the name of your Exchange server. If you’re connecting to your Office 365 email, use outlook.office365.com for your server name. If you are not using Office 365, see Find your ActiveSync server name later in this article.
6. Select the Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection box.
7. Select Sign in.
8. Select OK if Exchange ActiveSync asks you to enforce policies or set a password.
Find your Exchange ActiveSync server name
If your email program is not able to automatically find your Exchange ActiveSync server name, you may need to look it up.
If you’re connecting to your Office 365 email, use outlook.office365.com as your Exchange ActiveSync server name. The Exchange ActiveSync server name outlook.office365.com can be used if you are using the latest version of Office 365.