Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2010 or Microsoft Outlook 2013 for Office 365
This article walks you through the process of configuring either Microsoft Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013 for Office 365:
1. On your keyboard, hold the Windows key and then press the R key to bring up the Run menu. Type in “control panel” and press enter, you will see the Control Panel (as seen in the picture below).
2. Enter “mail” into the search box, as seen above, and press enter to find the Mail applet.
3. Click Mail or Mail (32 bit):
to open the Mail Setup window (seen below).
Please note that that the Mail icon WILL NOT appear unless you already have Outlook installed.
4. In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles to open the window seen below.
5. Click Add.
6. In the Profile Name box (seen below), enter a name (e.g. your LSE username) for the new profile. (This is the name that you will see when starting Outlook if you configure Outlook to prompt you for a profile to use.)
Type in the profile name, e.g. 365, then click OK.
7. You will then be presented with the following screen:
Enter your Name, Email address and Email password (this will have been sent to you in a separate email)
**If any of the fields have auto populated, please clear all fields so that the window looks as above**
Once your details have been entered, the window should look similar to this:
8. While Outlook is “Searching for your mail server settings…”, you may get this security warning pop-up:
You have to click: Allow in order for Auto Discover to work.
We also recommend that you select don’t ask me about this website again so you won’t see this warning every time you start Outlook.
(If it doesn’t then you’ll see it later when you start Outlook.)
You’ll need to enter your username and password:
If you don’t want to have to enter your password each time Outlook starts, ensure your email address is in the top box, password in the second and click “Remember credentials” then OK
Once this is completed, you will see the next screen (as seen below).
Auto Discover process has completed successfully.
Once you see this screen, tick the box that says “Change account settings” and then “next”. You will be presented with a screen similar to this:
9. Ensure that the server field (as seen in the picture above) contains the correct server entry which would have been provided to you when the migration to Microsoft Office 365 began.
If all of the information is correct, select “Next” and then “Finish“.
**If you have an entry that does not look similar to the one provided, please contact Cloudamour Support.
10. You now return to the Show Profiles window (see third picture above) . The new “365”profile you’ve just created will be visible in the top part of the window, along with any other pre-existing profiles.
11. Select “Always use this profile” and then select the “365” profile from the drop-down list so that Outlook will use it every time it starts up.
12. Click “OK” and close the Control Panel window if it’s still open.
13. You will now be able to open Outlook (If you selected Remember my credentials during setup, Outlook should just start without any prompting for your password).
14. After the main Outlook window (as seen above) opens you should see this in the bottom right corner of your screen:
15. This means Outlook is connected to our Exchange server and ready for use.